Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant

You ever have one of those days where everything that can goes wrong does? Yeah, so I've had one of those MONTHS. I mean, I feel like it's all a big joke, and I can't even remember everything that happened, but some serious crap happened, and I had to laugh until I cried to keep myself together. From #7 falling the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and busting her eyebrow open(and needing to have it glued shut) to my husband being rear ended with four of our kids in the vehicle with him and that young lady hitting him not having car insurance. There's so much more that happened in between all that, but I'm waving it away. I'm not going to dwell on the negativity of it. I'm going to laugh and move on, because if I don't, I will go crazy. Instead, I will share with you the version of the Twelve Days of Christmas as written by my #1(age 18) and #3(age 9) daughters. :)

Twelve Days of M****(our last name) Christmas

On the first day of Christmas my family gave to me a little girl with an eye gash.
On the second day of Christmas my family gave to me two kids with strep throat and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the third day of Christmas my family gave to me three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the fourth day of Christmas my family gave to me four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the fifth day of Christmas my family gave to me five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the sixth day of Christmas my family gave to me six kids with fevers, five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the seventh day of Christmas my family gave to me seven kids in trouble, six kids with fevers, five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the eighth day of Christmas my family have to me eight good grades, seven kids in trouble, six kids with fevers, five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the ninth day of Christmas my family gave to me nine people not feeling well, eight good grades, seven kids in trouble, six kids with fevers, five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the tenth day of Christmas my family gave to me ten dinners from friends and family, nine people not feeling well, eight good grades, seven kids in trouble, six kids with fevers, five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the eleventh day of Christmas my family gave to me eleven doses of antibiotic eye drops, ten dinners from friends and family, nine people not feeling well, eight good grades, seven kids in trouble, six kids with fevers, five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my family gave to my twelve red and white roses(for tolerating all the crap), eleven doses of antibiotic eye drops, ten dinners from friends and family, nine people not feeling well, eight good grades, seven kids in trouble, six kids with fevers, five in a car crash, four nuisance children, three doses of Tylenol, two kids with strep throat, and a little girl with an eye gash.


No comments:

Post a Comment