Monday, October 15, 2012

Everyday isn't rainbows and sunshine

I can't be a cheerful person everyday. Today was one of those days that I just wanted to scream at someone or something. Monday mornings are never easy around here. When you have to wake everyone up before 6:30 to eat and get ready for school, somebody is going to have a meltdown. Today felt like it was everyone's day. Even *I* was having trouble getting moving. I can't remember anything eventful about the morning, but I remember it seemed like everyone had something to complain about. It was AWESOME(that is called sarcasm, you'll have to look for it, because I use it a lot)!!!
Moving on with the day, my #1 child(who says she's an adult, but I'm sorry, don't adults go to the doctor by themselves and pay their own bills???) had to go to the hospital today to have a gallbladder ultrasound. We were sure she had gallstones or something was wrong with that useless organ. So, I drive her there, and she tells me she can check in by herself. Ok then, why did I come along?? Any way, I had to take the 3 youngest kids, and it just happened this appointment was during naptime, so I had #7(baby, almost 11 months old) strapped to me in the Moby, #6(3yo) riding in the umbrella stroller(an aside, why do they call it an umbrella stroller? It neither looks like an umbrella, nor does it HAVE an umbrella on it), and #5(4yo) "helping" puch the stroller. Everyone was tired, and # 5child & #6child insisted they had to go pee, so we left #1child to check her adult self in while we found the nearest bathroom. Thankfully it was close, and quick, and they did their business at a quick pace. As we arrived back to #1(still checking herself in) she waves me over and asks if I know anything about the payment. Payment? No. Usually insurance covers these things. Apparently our NEW insurance(new meaning my husband's work just switched to a different company effective Sept 1, 2012) thinks we have a deductible and the lady was requesting I pay her $461 today. Uh, how about no?!?! So, I politely tell the woman I don't have $461 on me, I don't have a credit card(because I don't, I'm so bad with those things!!!), and if I paid her from my checking account, my kids wouldn't eat for two months(ok, I didn't say that, I just told her I did not have that kind of money just sitting there).  They said they would just bill us. So I walk #1 to her ultrasound and she doesn't let me go back with her. Great! Why the hell did I come again? Well, this lovely new insurance wouldn't cover #2child's diabetes supplies, so his specialist was in the same building at the hospital, the three little ones and I run over to her office while #2 does her business. That was a bad idea. They whined about how far it was. They threw themselves on the floor of the elevator, and of course, #6 that was in the stroller with the diaper bag strapped to the back of it, made the stroller tip all the way to the floor because the weight of the diaper back was contigent upon him sitting in the stupid umbrella stroller to balance it all out. Then of course everything falls out of the diaper bag IN THE DAMN ELEVATOR. Ugh. I'm trying to bend over to pick the stuff up while having a small person strapped to my body, get the other kid to sit in the stroller to hold the diaper bag up off the floor, and make sure we get off on the right floor. I thought at that minute I was going to completely lose my mind. I sure hope no one finds my tampons that dumped out of the diaper bag. LOL. They were not used, but still, how embarrassing to find something like that on the elevator!!!! Anyway, I finally get out of the elevator and wouldn't you know it, those two HAD to go to the bathroom again. Why? Because there was a different bathroom to try out. Is there some law that says kids have to use every bathroom in every place they go to? I missed that memo. So, we find the next bathroom, and one pees, the other just plays with the toilet paper. We get into the specialist office, I take care of what I need to there, and head BACK down the elevator with a screaming #7 because she is done and wants out to walk. Too bad so sad sister. We start heading back to where #1 was supposed to be, and accidently find her waiting near the elevators for us. She got out early. Said she had been texting and calling me. My phone doesn't work in the hospital, but hers did? We have the same phone and the same cell company. Explain that one.
Anyway, that was the longest 30 minutes of my life, and completely wore me out. But I still had to go grocery shopping, help kids with homework, and make dinner. My day was far from done. I don't remember the rest of the day, except that it flew by in the blink of an eye. I had two big old Cake vodka and Diet Dr. Pepper's and now, it's time for this exhausted Mom to head to bed. #1s results came back. Nothing is wrong with her gallbladder, so now we get to go see a GI specialist. I can't wait. Maybe I can take 6 other kids with me to that appointment. Or maybe #1 can be a REAL adult and do it on her own. Yeah. Sure.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Ro!! I don't know how you do it, you're a hero in my eyes. Love ya! <3 VAL. :)